Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Should I have been sleeping?

Today I am exhausted.

She is sleeping and I should be sleeping too. But I can't. I can't help but watch her, touch her, listen to her.

I love to watch her lips purse together and make bubbles. I love to stare at her long eye lashes, button nose, and chubby cheeks.

I enjoy feeling her little hand wrapped around my finger, running my fingers through her hair, rubbing her soft tiny ear lobes. I love to massage her strong legs and touching her warm tummy.

I love listening to her coos and breathe in and out. Listen to her stretch. Listen to her deep sleepy sigh...

While she sleeps she will suddenly reach over and grab a hold of my top and hold on like I was going to get up. I smile and start to fall asleep... A minute passes and she stretches, yawns, and starts to wiggle...

Should I have been sleeping?

No comments: