Friday, November 2, 2012
This was our week. No one else's.
Facebook:
I have never liked that things are only official when you post them on facebook. It seems a little impersonal sometimes. Don't get me wrong I use it a lot but for this event... I wanted privacy from facebook. I didn't want the whole world involved and invading our special time. I wanted it to be our time.
SO. We made a rule and told family that we weren't going to post anything on facebook and they weren't to either until we had. We texted direct family and a couple friends that are like family, when the labor started and when Pria arrived, but no facebook. I wanted a day without notifications, overload of questions, calls, messages. And that is what we got. And I loved it.
We also didn't want to post anything until we knew her name because we knew every other question was going to be, "What is her name??????", which we didn't decide until Sunday night.
Visits:
I wanted the first week to be our week as well. Only my parents and sister were allowed to come over and even my dad and Jelina couldn't come over because they were really sick, which sucked. My dad finally got to see her/hold her on Halloween night when my family came over for a October-ish dinner. Jelina was there but didn't hold her to be safe. Of course if Dustin's dad and siblings were closer it would be the same for them to only be allowed as well.
Extended "unsick" family members could see her the second week.
Pictures:
I want to document everything, but wanting to take everything in and take advantage of this time before it goes too fast at the same time. So I try to take little notes here and there on my phone so for times like these where I have Pria sleeping on my chest as I type, I can get all these thoughts down and people can get the down low since they can't come over haha! I take phone pics here and there (nothing like Dustin's phone pics) but I really want a photo shoot of Pria with Dustin and I. We don't have money for another photographer and Jelina could help us out but she is still sick. Looks like we will have to try a silly session with the tripod ha.
Our week:
We simply wanted it to be our week. Besides the big factor of making sure no sickness comes into the house and affects Pria while she is so vulnerable, tt is the first time we will EVER have this moment, this time with her so small and precious... We wanted to take it all in without distractions or interruptions. Dustin didn't work one day. It was just the three of us enjoying every minute.
It has been wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment