Friday, November 2, 2012

Answers to the regular questions....

Here are a couple quick questions some have asked:
-How was the labor? - Check out the story here in a previous post. But overall, minus how long it took and the fact that the birth wasn't in the tub, I think everything went how I wanted it to go. I got the midwife I wanted (out of the 4 that work on call there), I didn't have any major problems that required me to go to the hospital, I was able to at least labor in the tub, it happened before Halloween, it was on an even day (for some reason I just wanted the date to be an even number...), Dustin participated with as much as he could, and she came out healthy and beautiful and perfect!

-Will you do it again? - Yes I will. It was painful and long but it was one day out of this baby's life and I have forgotten the bad stuff or at least it is fuzzy.

-Did it hurt? - Well it was no walk in the park...

-Did I cry? - No.. I was first of all exhausted and second I don't cry very well...

-How is it at night? - So far so good actually. She sleeps for like 3-4 hours and then we are up for like 2 and then she sleeps for another 3-4. I am not too tired with that schedule, but I know it will change up soon...They say to sleep when she sleeps which I have tried to do. During the day is hard because I just want to watch her or I just have a hard time falling asleep when it is bright out. The first night I didn't sleep at all because I wanted to make sure everything was alright, she wasn't gagging, she was breathing alright, etc.

-How has it been so far? - It has been great. I have been enjoying the baby grunts, humming, raspberry kisses, tiny but big yawns, tiny fingers and toes, touching all her soft brown hair, her very alert eyes watching me up close, her face making quick little smile reflexes, laughing at her new body noises, and just watching her all day and night. I love having little snuggles ALWAYS wanting ME. (Even when I haven't brushed my hair all day and gone without a shower in... a while... due to all my attention being on her all the time and not how I look...)

-How is Dustin enjoying it? - He is loving it. Very giddy and cute with her. He has taken a TON of photos so far on his phone and captured just about every facial expression she has made. He has been VERY helpful for me, the baby and helping with regular house stuff (if my mom hasn't already come by...).

-How is recovery? - ....Recovery like this wasn't something I was expecting. Everything else, yes. But not the recovery. I tore during the birth and had to get 4 stitches. I got a lot of bruising. Even on my legs from grabbing them during pushing. I won't go into much detail but the first couple days it was hard to walk or move at all. My body was very weak and tired. It still is, but nothing like the first few days. I was like bed-ridden. It was hard trying to take care of myself AND Pria. Now I am able to move around like normal but my body hurts towards the second half of the day and sitting is like a chore. I have to lay down. It is frustrating sometimes. But I know it will go away eating the healthiest foods, drinking a lot of water and taking it easy.

-Meals and diet? - I thought the worrying about making my diet stricter was over. I don't eat unhealthy anyway but man do I want some chocolate cake, 7 layer dip, shepherds pie, a big juicy croissant sandwich, thick french toast, one of Rogers oreo shakes, or a Dr Pepper so bad! Just a couple treats and I'll be happy... Just a splurge? But I'm breast feeding and healing... So no fun yet ha. I know if I splurge I will be tempted to have a little more here and a little more there. If I want to recover quicker, lose the pregnancy weight/fat, and have healthy breast milk I need to control myself, and so I have.

-How do I like it with her being on the outside rather than the inside now? - It was fun feeling her little feet in my belly but having her on the outside is waaaay better. I had an EASY pregnancy but it wasn't my favorite. I didn't enjoy it like some women do.

-Has Pria had any jaundice, skin problems, etc? - Her skin has been perfect. No yellowing. No rashes. No skin acne. We have been lucky so far.

-Are diapers fun yet? - Ha. They aren't that bad. Her messes are still small and not too stinky. yes I know they will get stinkier and yes the amounts will be larger. But it is different being our own baby. It is true when people say that. Dustin is very good and quick with them. I think guys in general are just quicker at doing diapers.

-Do we have everything we need? - Yes. We have the most important stuff. I do wish we had a dresser to organize all her stuff since we don't really have a closet to organize things. It is just all over the place. We have been checking craigslist for a nice one. We are also looking for a baby bouncer on craigslist too. She loves movement and bouncing. It would be nice to have while getting ready to leave or hanging out at my parents house later on. Pria is a little bit bigger than some of our smallest outfits. She has fit them but they are most likely a one time outfit. From now on I am searching for the kimono type outfits where you don't have to pull the onsie or top over their head. It a lot easier for changing and stuff. Our house is a bit cold. it hasn't gotten freezing yet but our fireplace doesn't warm up the whole house very quickly or get to some rooms. So things like mittens, beanies and thicker sweats like fleece pants are things I will look out for more.

-Are we ready for our life to change completely? - We wouldn't have tried for a kid if we weren't. Dustin was/is ready and so am I. I think being a mom was what I am here for. We are excited for this new kind of change, this new kind of different. Sure there will be hard parts here and there but what part of anyone's life isn't hard in some way one way or another? I know this change will benefit our marriage. It already has. I feel closer to Dustin in a very special way with Pria here. I grew to love him more during the pregnancy. And having Pria here between us now it intensified that much more.
Yes we are ready.

No comments: