As many moms may agree, it is difficult to get a lot of things done when you have a kid or more... like updating a blog. I want to write important thoughts and small growth spurts of Pria. So when I have a minute while nursing or when she is asleep on my chest like right now, I quickly type in thoughts for the day in my phone in a notes application. Here are some short notes I wrote the last couple weeks.
11/10 - At the end of Chucks wedding (my mom's boss who is now Uncle Chuck :)), Dustin hugged me because it was cold and he
was saying bye to me (Pria and I needed to leave a bit early). He said, "I haven't been able to do this in a
while..." And he smiled. It was sweet. I realized then that Dustin and I hadn't really had our own time and probably won't have it too much for while...
11/13 - Pria had her first shower/bath with me today. She thoroughly enjoyed
it. She was very alert looking around and at me, licking the water off
my arm and closing her eyes happily. It was fun. I think she liked the
skin on skin. I used Burt's Bees baby shampoo. We don't have a portable baby bath (and don't have room for one really) and our sinks won't really work. I think I prefer the shower with her though :).
11/14 - We call her our 'little bear'. She's a grunter. Makes the "nom nom nom" noises when she eats. She has had a strong
neck from day one. Lifting it is not a problem for her. She's a snacker during the day as of now. Eats small amounts but very often... Likes her hands in her face.
Ticklish on her feet and neck. Likes her body massaged when
being burped. Likes a lot of movement. Sleeps during loud
noise/talking.
11/15 - Pria weighed 10.10 pounds and was 21.5 inches at the Pediatrician today.
11/16 - Pria likes to keep her hands up by her face and sucks on them
to sooth her. Listening to Sweet Pea radio or Paul Cardall radio on
Pandora calms her. Driving in the car calms her down as well. She
fusses when getting into the carseat though. She likes to be against
your chest swaying and walking around instead of sitting. If you are
sitting she likes being rocked. No sitting still and relaxing anymore!
11/19 - Spent 3 hours at the grocery store today to get thanksgiving
ingredients, just me and Pria. 2 of which were in the parking lot.
Went through 3 diapers in the process... It's a lot harder going
places now...
11/20 - Pria loves to stare at light. It captivates her and she goes
silent for a moment. So she likes a lot of movement, music, loud
humming noises like hair dryers and vacuums, bouncy car rides and
bright light.
11/21 - I've found that staying in bed waiting for Pria to wake up
right next to me makes the day go better, rather than getting up while
she's sleeping and getting stuff done. She cries less knowing she
wakes up next to me, I am aware what she needs as soon as her eyes
open and I let her decide what we are doing next. I've been doing that
to see how it compares to trying to make things on my schedule.
Positive results. I have a high maintenance little princess. It's her
way or the highway...
I've read that when babies spend less energy crying, that energy is
spent more towards their development. Also that when you devote your
attention to them, preventing major crying to get your attention, they
have higher self-esteem later down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment