Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Uh knitting?

So if you read my post below it mentioned me learning to be more crafty... I have a friend that makes these cute little kids hats and it made me think I could try it... While I was checking out the new Hobby Lobby store in Orem I wound up in the yarn section. I like bamboo material so I grabbed some rolls of that, a cheap little book on how to do it and got those sticks you do it with. (That's what she said.)
Anyway, I didn't get very far. First of all, she doesn't knit, she crochets... Apparently there is a difference. Second, it is very frustrating trying to guess which finger is what in those little cartoon instruction books. Third, the people who demonstrate on youtube videos on how to knit go too fast and are using the right kind of yarn. Mine is too soft and fuzzy.
So here is where I started and ended. Lol.
This is a knot. Not a knit, a knot.
So according to the knitting handbook, "All knitting starts with cast on stitches."
Here is my 'cast on.'
I give up.

No comments: