Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Hobby?

This semester I am taking a photography class and you are only able to use a film camera. I find it hard because you can't see the picture you took right afterwords. So yesterday, I had an assignment to take pictures of random things and play with the settings. Since I definately do not know what I am doing yet, I took Dustin's big digital camera he got last year and brought it with my film camera. My idea was to take pictures first with the digital camera and copy the same settings onto my other camera so my whole roll of film was not ruined because I could not see the picture after.
I was not quite sure what to take pictures of so I went on a little hike up the canyon and then drove around random streets to see what I could find. It is always interesting the places you go when you have no idea where you are going. I eventually ended up by a bunch of ranch homes and I got excited because I have always wanted to have a house where I could have all my favorite animals and a lot of backyard space.

I brought that pine cone with me from home...lol
I found this random little...I don't know what to call it, shack in the middle of a field with this awesome broken window and a bunch of junk inside. I was hoping I wouldn't find any rodents living in there when I walked inside...While driving around the country I saw these two horses standing at a fence just staring at this big bundle of fresh hay not close enough in reach to eat. Of course I felt bad and besides wanting pictures, rolled a giant bundle closer to them. I felt like their hero hee hee. Hopefully the farmers didn't mind.. I fell in love with this horse. She was so beautiful. Unlike the mean male black horse right next to her...she actually let me pet her.

I kept trying to take closeups of her face because my photography teacher wanted us to take close photos to understand texture better. I really wanted to with these horses but everytime I get a little nervous if their teeth get too close to me... I had a bad experience when I was younger..I was wearing a fuzzy green sweater...that looked like grass... and the horse went in for the kill...I still have a little scar... in the middle..of my chest..Youch!

So anyway, it was a fun first photo shoot bymyself :)

No comments: