Friday, August 8, 2008

Our California Reception

I first want to thank the Lowder family for their love and support and for lending us their home for our wedding. Brad and Sally worked really hard to make it extra beautiful and sacrificed a lot. We couldn't have picked a more lovely home and family to be the place for our reception. Thank you Lowders!!!!

The beginning of our reception was a little hectic for me. We were an hour behind because traffic was a disaster on the way home from the temple. Luckily I was having too good of a time on the party bus on the way there to realize how late we were. But once I saw the time and could see all our guests waiting for it to start I was getting ansy and touchy. The wedding party had to wait in the kitchen for a while since we were waiting for a couple members of the party to walk out together for an introduction. As you can see in this photo above I am not exactly content. But once we got started I relaxed and was enjoying myself despite the time that flew by....
This day couldn't have been anymore perfect. The food was amazing. The decorations and flowers were beautiful, everyone was happy, there were good positive feelings in the air, I had all my loved ones surrounding me, and the weather was great.....until it got dark and it was like a 'luau in Alaska' as Gene quoted in his speech.
Here is my dads 228 pound pig he hunted for our tasty dinner.
It wouldn't be a party without some game meat my dad went out and hunted. :)
I had to have square plates of course. I love em.
The fish in the flower center pieces was my most favorite part of the tables however. :)

Bishop Ginn did an amazing job and we couldn't have chosen anyone better. He was and still is the best bishop anyone coule have.
Lots of yummy kisses!!!
This is one of my favorites of my dad and such a cool angle.
So proud :)

Our favorite part of the cake decoration...
...Our cake topper. I was so excited to find this!
My sister Jelina and my Uncle Alan did two beautiful numbers on their guitars. Jelina is definately developing some amazing talent with dancing and music. I am happy my Uncle has been there to teach her with his unique talents and love for music.
"Such a beautiful luau wedding......in Alaska!" - Gene Pinkney
He made such an awesome speech.
The funniest part of the interview video of the both of us before we got married. Dustin is so proud of his "It just makes it so hard" comment.
I can't believe I didn't even get to have a piece of my own Cheesecake...my favorite. I was so particular when picking those and I din't even get some, except the stuff on my face.
I got him good!


I love the fight for the bouquet in this photos. I got a chance to see who REALLY wanted it... Sorry Jelina... Haha!
Jelina and the lovely Ampuero sisters did a choreographed dance for us.
They did great! I wish I could move my body the way they do!
Everybody dance now!
Me and Jebb gettin' it on.
Me and little Natalie shakin it.
Dustin and his best friend Gene.Goodnight everyone!!! :)

No comments: