Monday, February 1, 2016

Pria: Our little threenager

I don't know why people say twos are "the terrible twos." Pria was an angel while she was two.
Then she turned 3...

Just kidding. She is a great kid compared to some. But she did become more difficult at 3 than she was at 2. Maybe it was because it was around the time that Evalette was born or maybe it was just her figuring things out. Either way Pria developed how to throw some pretty good tantrums...
I thought about it a lot, why it was happening so much. I thought about if it was because there was a new baby, if she was just frustrated learning how to communicate her feelings, lack of a perfectly balanced diet, or if it was because she wasn't getting the proper amount of sleep along with me waking up in the middle of the night.

She also started to sneak into our bed in the middle of the night, every single night. For the first few months she would wake up screaming and demanded we come lay with her. We didn't want her to feel like Evalette joined the family and took over her spot in our bed so Dustin or I would go lay with her until she fell asleep again. Dustin usually stayed in there, because he could. But I needed to go back to Evalette so I would have to stay awake waiting for Pria and then go back to baby who would be then be waking up and wanting to nurse. Not a whole lot of sleep happening. It eventually got better with Pria just coming into our room quietly and laying down under the covers and would fall right back to sleep. But it is still crowded and its hard for me to share my pillow... I am working on bringing her back to her room when she comes in but sometimes I am just too dead tired to move.

I have struggled to teach her new things, read as much or give her an outdoor physical activity every day like we used to. Once Evaluate came into the family I didn't find the energy or motivation to do much all the time, but I do try.
She does however know a lot of primary songs. That is one thing that is pretty easy to do with Evaluate. Singing.
This month I have started to have a letter of the day where it is emphasized and we talk about that individual letter a lot. Like for A we read the "A" part of a couple alphabet books and what it stood for. I pointed to things that started with an A in the house like 'apple'. I have her practice writing a big A and little a in her book and then we make an A with some objects, etc.

Now that Evalette can handle laying down, scooching, playing by herself more I will get back to helping Pria with more teaching and learning activities.

Pria's language gets better and better every week, naturally. But it is fun to watch and listen. I have started a little notebook to write down funny or interesting sentences she says.
She doesn't pronounce her Ls very well yet. But its cute.


No comments: