Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer is here.

I love living where we live right now. I mean, minus the tractors in the middle of the night working on the vineyards and the crazy hick motorcycles that go up and down this back country road all the time... its pretty great. It is very quiet here, very serene.
My day starts at 5-6am with Pria waking me up with her babbling and rolling around our bed. After I have collected myself, we sometimes go out to the back porch and sit on the steps or our bench swing and take it all in. All you hear is birds singing, the trees swaying in the wind, turkeys chatting and planes flying in the distance. Our honeysuckle plants are blooming right now giving off a sweet smell. The vineyards are very lush and green right now. And moles are tearing up Dustin's lawn.... It is summer here. Haha.
Pria loves to be outside. If she is ever fussing, it is so easy to just step outside and she calms down instantly. I can't imagine living in a busy apartment complex still with the constant noise of cars and loud neighbors.
Speaking of loud neighbors... we are thinking of getting some chickens. :)
I love eating fresh healthy eggs in the morning for breakfast and using them in cooking. Plus I had chickens growing up for a while and they can be fun to have. Dustin is preparing a nice area to build a coop this week. We will see how that goes...
Mother's Day was last weekend and I wanted to go camping for it and so we went with my parents to Camp Taylor which is by Point Reyes an hour south of us and a little closer to the ocean. Pria loved it. We took walks and hikes throughout the day, sat around the fire, made tin foil dinners, Pria played with grandma in the morning in her sleeping bag, drove to the beach and Pria played with sand, went into town to check out a few old shops, and on Mothers Day morning some family from my moms side came to our campsite for a brunch which was pretty good.
You know it is summer when you start planning all these things and being with people, hanging with people, trying to keep track of all these things on the calendar... It is getting crazy!!!!

Summer is busy. Summer is fun. Summer is here.

No comments: