The benefits that come with having a child are other moms or just people like to quiz you on how you raise your kids. Some people drive me a little crazy with it sometimes... I am sure it will not go away for like ever. Sigh.
The answer (in a nutshell) for most the things I do for/with Pria is "because it is natural." Most older generations don't quite understand new methods that actually were old methods used with our ancestors or occur in other cultures/countries.
A big one is that I hold Pria, almost all the time and keep her close to me. It is natural. Older generations tend to tell me, "Why don't you put her down?" or "Can she just fall asleep on her own?"
I let her have tummy time and she crawls around the floor to get some exercise. If I get too tired or my back hurts I ask Dustin to hold or play with her for a little so I can take a break. But other than that, I don't mind. If I didn't want to be with my baby all the time, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant.
Babies should not be an inconvenience to you. If they are, then you signed up for the wrong job.
Another thing is Dustin and I co-sleep with Pria. Why not? She feels more secure and trusts us to be there for her when she needs us (basically me because Dustin doesn't wake up to a tractor in the back yard). It is easier on me because I don't have to get up and check on her a bunch of times during the night or she doesn't feel she needs to cry to get our attention. Pria is not a crier, and people have noticed that. She is a very happy baby. I will not be one to let her "cry it out" to get her to sleep on her own. She won't sleep with us forever. She is not developing a bad habit. She will sleep on her own when she is ready. It is natural.
Food. I plan on giving Pria bone broth, cod oil, egg yolks and salmon roe soon for early foods. I am not feeding her meat yet of course. But babies need protein. Not just fruits and veggies. We are also going to let her do "baby led feeding" where she can pick up the same foods we eat on our plate (given they aren't swimming in sauce/seasoning, are healthy or are not choke-able). Just think about it. What did people do for their babies waaay back when there weren't food processors/mills, any kind of food available to you or jarred food. It is all natural.
There is always more. Like alternative medicine, diapers, vaccines, all natural lotions, etc. But I those three things are the big topics I get asked about.
1 comment:
Love it. :)
Post a Comment