It's time to write an update of Pria's developments. I also just wanted to write time frames of when certain things happened for myself. Since this is basically my diary/baby book thing. I recently read my mom's baby book for me and there are a lot of exact dates for everything. No I don't have one of those books. I will keep track of exact dates for the big stuff like when she has her first food, starts crawling, walks, says her first word kind of stuff but not everything. As long as I keep a general idea of when she did stuff on here or somewhere that is fine with me.
-Pria started doing pushups at 4 months.
-She started enjoying tummy time finally at 3.5 months-ish.
-She began real laughs in January when we house-sit for my moms boss... 3 months?
-She started grabbing EVERYTHING at like 4 months
-She is now turning over from her back to tummy. Usually babies start the other way around with going from their tummy to their back. So I guess she is skipping a step.
-I just started her sleeping in her crib for naps during the day. She still co-sleeps with us. I prefer it. And I will most likely do it for a long time. But during the day when she naps by herself I want her in the crib since she has started turning over and scooting around. I don't want her falling off our bed while I am not in the room.
-She loooves crazy noises right now. So I try to bang things together for her like kitchen tools and stuff. Ha.
-She got her first bouncer around her 5 month mark from Grandma :) It is funny to watch her little feet make the whole bouncer move around.
-Pria enjoys examining peoples faces right now also. Even if it sometimes means she tries to pull your bottom lip off or rip facial hair off.
Pria has not been sick yet (knock on wood, or whatever...) Over Christmas she had the sniffles for a few days but it didn't last more than a week and she wasn't bothered by it. It wasn't really much.
Falling asleep:
She is generally pretty easy to put down to sleep. As long as there is some sort of humming noise involved haha. Up until recently she normally fell asleep nursing. But now we turn on the oven fan when it is time for her nap time and I rock her to sleep under it while humming soothing songs (Although sometimes I have a unique song stuck in my head like Phantom of the Opera and so that's what I put her to sleep with lol). If Dustin is on a phone call for work we will go into the bathroom and I turn on the bathroom fan along with the blow dryer on low and she enjoys the heat as well as the noise. It's kinda funny.
If we are out doing errands or something, she will fall asleep in her carseat at nap time or in her Bjorn baby carrier while I am walking around a store. So it is safe to say she likes to fall asleep with noise.
She now has 3 naps a day. It was 4 naps a day and occasionally she still will if we are not home much during the day and her naps are shorter.
Food:
I plan on giving Pria her first food on her half birthday, April 26th. I am thinking an avocado or banana.. Still researching the best thing for her to start with. She has definitely become very interested in the fact that everyone else is eating and putting food in their mouth. She of course tries to grab our food while we try to eat but sometimes I think that is just because she simply wants to grab it.
Well that's all for now.
Until the next update during one of her naps...
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment