Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Lannis Awareness Day :)

Dustin's mom passed away of breast cancer 12 years ago on February 19th and this year I decided to remember her with some yummy cookies... Cookies in the shape of the cancer symbol with pink icing for breast cancer.
I had never made sugar cookies before so this was a first but I thought they came out pretty good. It was more the thought than anything though.
Dustin was surprised and loved them. The 19th was on a Sunday this year and Dustin has a calling as a teacher for the 12/13 year olds at church and so he brought them with him to church to share. He used the cookies as part of his lesson and while bearing his testimony shared about Lannis and how the experience strengthened him in the church. I wish I was there to hear exactly how he shared everything and worked it into his lesson. I am sure it was great and the kids loved/respected him even more afterwards.

1 comment:

Taylor Gardner said...

What a fun idea. You are always thinking of such creative/thoughtful things to do for the hubs.