Sunday, July 31, 2011

Top 15 Photos that make me happy...from Hawaii

It will take me a while to post all the great photos from Hawaii so I am going to post my top favorite 15 for now.
Enjoy!
On the first morning I got up early before everyone and walked around the resort and kept walking past it on the shoreline along a little path that led me to some pretty scenery, another beach by a different resort and lots of morning life. I found these yellow leaves that I said looked like hearts. Dustin found me after an hour and a half and took this photo.
All the sunsets seemed to look like this or similar. We liked to watch a fast hawaiian dude run around the resort (huge) lighting torches on the walkways.
Oh man... Makes my mouth water every time I look at this photo. I swear I had something that used to be swimming in the ocean for at least one meal a day. This was a delicious meal from Bubba Gumps Shrimp called Lt. Dan's Specialty. It was amazing. We all ate on a deck overlooking the ocean in Kailua-Kona.
I just love this photo. For obvious reasons. Walking in happiness.
Palm trees, warm turquoise ocean, Dustin next to me, and no where to rush to...
Dustin is jumping off the southern most tip of the U.S. It is said to be a 50 feet jump. Dustin is actually afraid of heights so I was proud of him for doing it without thinking about it for too long before jumping.
This picture was taken at one of the black sand beaches. I liked the sand there. Not as soft as some might like but it was very unique and felt very calm that evening. We also saw a lot of sea turtles eating moss from the rocks there.
I chose this photos for a couple of reasons.
Number one of course is that pina colada in my hand. Oh boy were they good. I could have one of those every single day.
Number two, this was at a luau that was very cool and we loved the dancers. I especially liked watching the men dance the haka where they slap their chests and make funny faces at you with their tongues sticking out. Haha.
Number 3- It took us forever to get this photo. All the people walking by were either workers holding a bunch of food trays, old people that don't know how to use a camera, or drunk people... Lol.
Number 4-Dustin.

This one is just pretty. :)
I like the lone footsteps and the fact that nobody else was there...
Dustin and I just chillin'.
With my pedicure I got from the spa the previous day and Dustin's sandy feet from playing in the ocean.
I think this photo says it all. I think I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.
He was being such a goober and being very sexy.
He had fun jumping over waves and letting his mind go free.
This was a seat I found on a couple of my early morning walks that I liked to sit on.
Very relaxing and I loved sitting and listening to waves and watching them crash into the rocks.
Our last evening at the beach.
Everyone had cleared out and sun rays are coming through the trees.
The last morning there.
Sea turtles were eating moss for breakfast and I was sitting on the rock in the distance there watching tourists snorkel in the bay and soaking in all the hawaii-ness I could.
I loved all the flowers and the scent they put out there. Between gardenias and hibiscus flowers, mmmmm.... it smelled amazing.

And those are my top photos of our trip last week. Hope you enjoyed them. As usual I will be posting like a million more on facebook if you want to see more.
Aloha and mahalo!
-Lyss

1 comment:

Teri said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! And you looked so adorable in all the photo's. I can totally appreciate the beauty of the island as it brings back all the senses from our many trips there. Thank you so much for sharing Lyss. You two are definitely talented photographers. :)