Monday, June 13, 2011

Powell Family Vacation 2011 (San Diego)

This year for my family vacation we went to San Diego, CA in May. I’ve been slackin’ on my blogging and I finally have time to get around to recent events. We took a lot of pictures so if you want more than what I post here, check my facebook for a bigger album.

My dad reserved a beach house that was really cool. Very nice open house with a pool, hot tub, guest house and everything you could ever need.

The first morning Sierra, Dustin my mom and I went on a run down the beach which was very refreshing and well, entertaining at times with Dustin getting distracted with things on the beach. We collected little shells as we went and walked by all the beachfront rentals on the way back.

We got lucky with weather while we were there in May. It wasn’t hot but it wasn’t cold. The girls all loved laying out on the beach wearing very small bikinis and my dad got in as much kiteboarding as he could.

We went to the San Diego Zoo while we were there too. Very expensive... but worth it. Biggest zoo ever. I had never been there before and Dustin never turns down a zoo trip. I liked seeing the giraffes and elephants. I wanted to see the tigers but they were eating or sleeping when we were there so I didn’t get to see them... :(

Because it was such a large zoo our feet got super tired and couldn’t walk much more after hours of walking around. We didn’t even get to see all of the animals.. Oh well.

We of course did what girls do best and shopped. My dad went kiteboarding and Dustin went along with us. Such a good sport. My dad doesn’t know how he does it haha. I got just a couple things like an anklet, new sunglasses, a gardenia perfume and some super cheap shoes. Nothin’ like a good cheap purchase!

Last year I bought some roller blades and thought it would be easy for people to go with me but that never happened. So when we went to San Diego I was excited to bring mine since I knew they do that a lot there and the girls can rent some for cheap so they didn’t have to buy $60 blades. Some biked, some long boarded, and some roller bladed? Haha. We got some good butt workouts and sometimes held on to the nearest bike to hitch a ride lol.

We found a really cool private beach with pretty white sand and very blue water. I love finding little hidden beaches like that where there aren’t too many noise makers and white trash...

We had some good there too. Of course there is always great seafood by the coast. Dustin always has to get his clam chowder and I like fresh fish tacos. We had some yummy home cooked meals too. I made a healthy Shepherds Pie one night. Another night, Jelina/mom made their Mexican casserole they do so well. My tummy is always very happy after we visit with them. :)

It was a great family vacation and we are thankful to all the effort my parents put into it. They always make our vacations fun every year.

Looking forward to what we will do next!

No comments: