Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Really??? Reaaally?

So I am a facebook junkie. But in all honesty I think facebook is a GREAT way to keep in touch with people I otherwise never would. You get to see photos of what they are doing and their opinions on some things...
Some people you like to keep in touch with but they aren't people you call up all the time. Like some of my high school friends...
Every now and then I go through my friends from high school facebook pages and look to see what they have done since high school. Sadly, it doesn't seem like much. All their photos are going to parties, wearing skimpy clothing, drinking, escaping from reality and showing how much they drink in pictures because it is sooo cool. You don't have to show me all your glasses with alcohol. I can tell from the beer belly you have, the lazy sunken eyes and the guy passed out on the couch behind you. The guys who were the cool guys in high school just look like pathetic losers now. Is this really all you have done so far? Really?
I went to a friend from high schools wedding last year and she was a popular girl. She has done a bit more. I mean come on she got married! Haha jk... but not really. Anyway, she was a popular girl and had a lot of popular friends. While I was there I was watching these friends and they still were all materialistic, wearing immature clothing, getting wasted and taking pictures of it, looking down on those wearing normal clothing and still snotty. My mom came with me because she knew the bride too and she asked what grade those girls were with me in high school. I sighed and said, "Mine." She said, "Really? I thought they were Jelina's age with what they are wearing and how they are acting."
I am not saying everyone is still like this, but it is majority. The friends I knew from high school who seem to be a little above that and are doing more, actually talk to me on facebook and don't just friend me so they can add a number to their amount of friends.
So yeah facebook is a great way to keep in touch with people and see how others are doing, but for those who are just embarrassing to look at on facebook, it is not a good idea.
Grow up already people.

No comments: