Wednesday, April 30, 2008
It's Official!!
Lyss and I took a week long road trip to visit a lot of her family. We first stopped and saw her grandparents in Placerville for couple days and had a blast, and "Wow, can her papa cook! Then we stopped in Antioch to see her Aunt and family and had a lot of with her cousins. On the way to Santa Rosa the next morning we stopped at the Oakland Temple. We had planned on getting married in Oakland and I had never been to the Temple, so she wanted to take me there. She has a really cool picture of her out on the ledge that overlooks the Bay and we had said that we would take one there together. So she climbed out on the ledge while I set up the camera. I had to get the ring from my bag to my pocket without her seeing, but it took me a bit to fit the box in my pocket. Then I had to hide the buldge and hope she doesn't realize what was coming. I set the timer and ran to the
edge and climbed over the railing, again trying to hide the ring box... After the picture was taken we stood on the ledge for a bit and talked. I was trying to start a conversation to lead to the proposal. It was windy and cold, so she kept trying to get down so I asked her to sit down and that we needed to talk and that something had been bothering me about her for a while and it needed to change before our relationship went any further... I drug it on until she just said, "What is it!?" I said, "Your last name." I got down on my knee and popped the question... And of course she said YES!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment