Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Motherhood.

Moms all have these days...where their kid(s) are uncontrollably mischievous, don't want to listen to anything, strong willed and are a roller coaster of emotions. Wills and desires of both Pria and mine butt heads lately. Most the time I am patient with her and Pria is patient with me. We both handle our frustrations the same way. We have to go to a different room to be alone with our thoughts, we take a deep breath (sometimes more than one...) and calm our spirits. I never shut her in a room. I usually end up leaving the room if my patience is too low and I am about to erupt. I lay on my bed, close my eyes and wait for her to do the same. Sometimes she needs help reminding her how if it is really bad. I will take a deep breath and then ask her to do the same as her body is shaking with frustration that she can't communicate. Sometimes they can't help it..
It doesn't always happen perfectly but after she does this with me we both calm down and talk softly about our emotions/frustrations/needs. Sometimes she just needs a hug and wants to be held and sometimes she needs to be free. Either way it is a constant struggle with a toddler and happens every day.
Yesterday I went to the movies with my sister and some mom friends. We all ended up talking about toddler tantrums and stories of our kids frustrated with something and how we deal with it. Jelina said, "I am so glad I don't have kids yet." I can see that opinion in so many others faces, judging me when I am in public and Pria is having a meltdown that is difficult to suppress. But they don't even know. Even with all the meltdowns, tears, wild energy and childish behaviors, it is so worth it all when they come to you for a big hug/kiss before you leave, to watch them grow, giggle about the simplest pleasures, snuggle with you on your best or worst days and love you unconditionally no matter your flaws. The positives of having a kid out weigh the negatives 10 to 1. Pria makes me happy with her innocence and little love. I am so grateful for that moment when she comes in the room and chooses to give me a big smile, hug and says something so sweet to make it all better...

No comments: