Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our living situation

It feels like yesterday that we just moved out here and yet it has already been 5 months. Whaaat?! Time to live on our own again... Don't get me wrong it has been nice living with the parents for this long. But. As Rafikki says, "It is time."
Time to put all our boxes in my parents garage... somewhere else.
Time to pay for our own gas bill, so I can rack up the heater without feeling guilty (Hence the reason for the cartoon of my freezing feet on Dustin's back lol).
Time to have my own kitchen again where I can make a mess and use all my favorite kitchen utensils.
Time for privacy.
Time to have our own parking garage/space.
Time to be adults again.
We have been able to save some money and pay off more of our bills which is a big part of living with my parents these last few months.
Just this last week we were approached, with another apartment managing job just down the road, by my mom's old boss. She was an apartment manager at my age at this same complex and now they need another on-site manager/team. The owners, Tom and Jim, met with us today to discuss what we would do while working there. We would be getting a free apartment for doing the basics and would earn extra money if we did extra stuff that isn't in our normal routine.
So we will keep our jobs working at Vintners and John Ash to pay the bills/save, and not have to worry about rent.
I had been hoping to move into like a cottage to rent out with a patio/yard and more of a house-like feel, but at this point in our lives we need to save money if I ever plan to have the big house I dream about...

1 comment:

Jenna T said...

Congrats! Sounds like a nice setup! Free rent!

Ps I love that picture! haha...