Sunday, May 8, 2011

1000 days of love... :)

Soo apparently for the last couple weeks Dustin has been planning a surprise for me that I wasn't expecting at all! I usually am pretty good at figuring stuff out but Dustin made his own holiday basically so I had nothing in my mind to guess for.
Let me start from the beginning....
Last Thursday Dustin and I went to eat at Matiki's (an island food place Dustin has loved because they have had Taro, a food from his mission there).
The owner is a very friendly man and we talked for probably 20 minutes before we even ordered. He also sang a song for us.... and then invited us to go to his cousin's funeral the next day because they were going to have a feast of island food. Kind of a random invitation but he said don't worry about it. We had work Friday so I told Dustin he should go with Jason, who also served with him on Yap and would appreciate some
good island food. (What I didn't know was I was helping him with his planned day...)
The next morning I didn't even hear Dustin get up, which is weird because I can hear him if he breathes basically. I assumed he had already left. So I mingled, took my time to get ready for work and got in the shower. While I was in there I heard the front door shut loud. I assumed it was Dustin and didn't think much of it except that maybe he forgot so
mething. When opened the door from the bathroom the kitchen table was cleared and there was a bouquet of flowers on the table with a cute card. I looked around first to see if he was hiding but he wasn't in the apartment. I loved what he said in the card and I just sat there smiling in my towel haha. Then I met up with him in the office because I was late opening the office... and he hadn't left for this random funeral. I gave him love...:) and then he left with Jason.
Hours later he came back and didn't say much about the funeral. Weird. He usually does. He wouldn't tell me the food they ate or what the service was like except that it was 'whatever.' I got frustrated to say the least haha. After work, Dustin suggested I go somewhere for 40 minutes. I didn't feel like going anywhere, buuuut I didn't really have a choice so I left, for an hour and 30 minutes. Figured that was enough. Came home, sat around for an hour and no sign of Dusty.
I texted, "Soooo, I'm bored."
Dustin, "You were supposed to tell me when you were on your way."
Me, "Well I've been home annnd you're not here anyway."
Dustin, "" (nothing)
Soon enough Dustin comes back and tells me to look at Juno in the other room. I just looked at him, "ooookay...." I got up from the bed and Juno was being silly but next to her there was another card on the table with 10 rolled penny stacks. Dustin disappeared and I went back to the bed because I wasn't given any instructions. He came back 20 minutes later and said,
"What are you doing?"
"Uh, payin bills?"
"Did you read the card?"
"No.. I din't know if I was allowed to."
"Well read the card."
In the card it said something very sweet and then at the bottom it said, "Go get ready to go out, right now!"
Ahh it made sense. I asked questions and he gave me nothing as usual... I changed, got ready in the bathroom and when I came out there was this...
The candles were lit and it was all dark. It was so cute.. I didn't quite get what was going on but it was still cute. Inside each bag was 100 Reisens (my favorite chocolate candy)...there was a Grand chocolate bar on the table, a 3rd card and each bag had an emotion on it.
Dustin said that that day was the 1000th day we had been married. Awww... :) I am so lucky. Oh yeah and he made an AMAZING chocolate cake with the numbers '1000' on it. He is amazing.
This surprise was just what I needed and made me so happy. It was a wonderful day all day with my little surprises. I actually hate surprises... but I loved this one. Thanks babe!
So he went to the funeral... but not the whole funeral. They didn't even eat the food that they were excited about! They left early so he could get ready for all this without me knowing. Little sneaky boy... So he was lucky they had this funeral of something they didn't even know, to go to lol. Afterwards, (I didn't get ready for nothin.) We went out to Carrabas where we had our first date, then went to the Nickelcade (that is what the 1000 pennies were for haha) and then went home to get it on.
Thats all folks!!!
:D

2 comments:

Ligia said...

Alex needs some tips from Dustin on planning surprises. Sweet and thoughtful.

Jenna T said...

That is so cute. Good work Dustin!