And here is the result of making beer-battered broccoli... Dustin so kindly decided to step in and help while I was making some of the "green" food and helped out with the broccoli... While he was putting in some broccoli into the boiling oil a piece slipped out of the tongs and it splattered all over Dustin's wrist and onto my arm as I was standing right next to him. We both screamed, making Sierra scream who was sitting next to me... It was not fun.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Kiss Me I'm Irish
I love to celebrate holidays and I have always loved St. Patrick's Day. It brings me back to my roots :) So this last St. Patty's Day we had a little dinner and game night with our friends next door. I attempted to make as much green food as I could. I didn't make corned beef and cabbage because nobody who was there that night would have eaten it. I would have loved to try making it to say I made it on that day but what's the point? So I made green mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, beer-battered broccoli...(I will share the story about that later...), a green lime soda punch, green ice cream jello, and some very pretty cupcakes which we all decorated according to the holiday. So here are a few pictures from the night.




And now this is what Dustin's hand looks like now. It is going to be awhile before it's completely healed. Mine is doing a lot better thanks to lavender everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment