Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back to School!

School is back and Dustin and I are getting used to our busy schedules. Either I am gone all day or he is gone all day at school and the days when the other is at school another is in the office at the complex. Dustin is getting closer to finishing his Bachelors degree. He says he just might be done by this December. Yay! Even though he is actually bummed because he loves all his digital media classes and has a lot of fun in them. I on the other hand am still working on my Associates degree. I have my generals done except for math so I get to have a lot of elective classes which are fun but this semester are exhausting. I didn't think they would be... but they are.
I have two intense fitness classes in the morning. They kick my trash! Not to mention I haven't really worked out in a while. But I have goals to tone and improve my inner and outer core. Dustin is also taking a fitness class in the morning as well that he is really getting into. On his off days he has been motivated to go running in the morning sometimes with my sister and friend Sierra. They love running... I on the other hand hate running. I will take a hard core spin class, do steps, eliptical machines, swim laps or do aerobics...but I do not run.
Besides my fitness classes (aerobics and pilates with amazing teachers) I am taking a painting class and a 2D Design class. I am trying to improve my creativeness (I dunno if that is a word) and learn new art techniques. I am also taking a sign language class. I want to be able to appreciate the language and it is always good to know a second language. Plus I think it would be something fun for when we eventually have kids. Dustin's sister Taylor has used sign language with her son Dallin and I thought the idea of it was really cool. I've heard that using sign can help a kid communicate better with you when you are having a hard time figuring out what they want when they can't speak very well yet and that signing is easier for them to learn. It helps their creative thinking, increases vocabulary, promotes better interaction and they are less likely to become frusterated figuring out how to communicate a sign rather than struggling to speak the right words.
I have only had three classes so far in my sign language class and it is a lot! My teacher is deaf, we're not allowed to speak in class, it is a 2 hour and 30 minute class of silence and it starts at 6:30pm... I am definately tired by the end of the day.
So that's a nutshell of my school semester this spring. It will be fun but exausting!

No comments: