Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Park Plaza

So as some of you may already know, Dustin and I have been working as managers of an apartment complex since we got married. Dustin's bishop while we were dating, hooked us up with this job opportunity because he knew the landlord. It was and has been quite a blessing to have as newly weds. We do not have to pay rent and the only utilities we pay are electric. It is a three bedroom two bathroom apartment and has a lot of space and closet room. I could not be happier with a better apartment that we get for free!
At first we were only assistant managers learning the ways of the complex and how the place was run. It is a very old building and so there is always maintinence and things breaking all the time. So it is a constant job. People call our cell phones at all hours of the day but it keeps us on our toes.
Dustin is learning all the time being our official maintinence man. There is always a new task and Dustin meets them with every intention to get it fixed or figure it out. I know that working at this complex Dustin will learn to be a great handy man down the road when we get our own house. It is a comfort for me to know that. We won't have to pay for some company to fix random things, I got trusty Dusty! Ha ha.
Every other day we take turns working in the office. I never realized how much dough we would be handling day by day. I wish the money I deposit for this place every week was money for me! All those Benjamins.....sigh..
We do get paid pretty well here though. Now we'll definately be able to save up for that trip to Guam and Yap we want to take before a little one comes along!

1 comment:

Mama Teri said...

Definately a LOT to do before a little one!!! Whoa!!